Friday, May 24, 2013

M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I

Hey, I made it to Mississippi yesterday safely with about 25 other missionaries! We got picked up by the mission president and went to a chapel where we ate and had a testimony meeting and intro from our Mission President. Our Mission President and his wife are really nice, like wayyy nice, they want us to all take things a day at a time. Then we went to his house and hung out for a few hours and getting to know each other and stuff like that. niceThe four of us "visa waiters" had our last prayer all together in Portuguese. It's kinda weird being temporary, everyone is really nice and welcoming but we're just different still, and they all have been in the MTC together and stuff. This morning we went outside and I didn't really notice yesterday but we walked outside to explore the presidents yard and it smells so good here! And there are so many trees! Also this morning our assignments were up. Sister Brimley and I will be staying together and being trained by Sister Johnson, yay trios. Thank goodness we are staying together, we'll have language study together every day, and we teach really well together already. We are serving in the Bastrup branch in Eastern Louisiana, we will be the first Sister missionaries to ever serve in that area. I am really excited, I love this place already. It's not the place I've been dreaming of for the past 6 months but I know it's where I'm supposed to be, there are places to go, people to meet, and lots to learn. We're gonna be driving about 3 hours to our area in an hour so I'll be telling you more next week.
 
Love,
Sister Stevens
 
 
 
My mailing address is:
175 Burnham Road
Brandon, MS 39042

No comments:

Post a Comment