Wednesday, August 13, 2014

That's our church!

August 4, 2014

I dont have annnny time this week because I have to write my letter to the first presidency to get 4 more days my day to come home is either the 10th or 14th of November. We'll see! 
 This week we saw a ton of miracles, it was so cool! Everyday we were just amazed at everything that happened.
Here's one. We decided to follow up with a potential investigator we had and she is awesome! and was finally home! and was thinking about us! After that I was like lets knock a few doors on this street. There's like 5 on the street ive never knocked. (yes im getting that desperate) after the first door my comp was like- lets go this street is better to knock at night. So I was like- fine, but theres two men over there lets just talk to them first. We talked to them and one was like well I have my church but wouldnt tell us what church it was or anything so we were like ooook. We kept talking and he was like wait here I have a pamphlet that shows my church and went to get it. When he came back he pulled out the oldest, most tattered- Gospel of Jesus Christ pamphlet Ive ever seen and was like- this church! I believe in everything that is says  here, its all true. We were shocked! Thats our church! We carry that pamphlet! and he was like wow! I think I need to get baptized in this church!  Then later we found out he's the Dad of that less active member we found who has the Melchezidek Priesthood! It was crazy!! He was working and wasnt at church Sunday but  we're reeeaally praying to start teaching him and get him baptized and his son active! 
We had a lot of experiences like that that were just amazing. I love those experiences because they show that we are being led by the spirit in everything we do. At the beginning of my mission I thought that we had to be led by promptings in everything, and that the promptings needed to be clear, but as time has gone on I have learned more and more how we have to just trust sometimes that we ARE being led  by the Spirit, and the Lord will place people in our path and make sure we are in the right place at the right time, and send more obvious promptings when he needs to. I always try to remember- the more hesitation, the less inspiration. and that when we are humble adn meek he wont need to send any obvious prompting, he will just guide our steps. 
There were 60 people in church Sunday! Wooooo! There were a good amount of visitors from Sao Caetano but still. It was like the size of a ward! 
Today we are passing pday in Ilheus it is the beeeeeest! pics next week
love you familyyyyyy!
Tchau tchau!
Seester Scheevens

No comments:

Post a Comment