Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Greetings from West Monroe

MINHA FAMILIA
So this week my world was shattered. I don't even want to talk about it. But I will....
At interviews President told us he was thinking about switching things up but he changed his mind during my interview and told me we would be staying and stuff for another transfer. I really thought I would just be in Bastrop until I got my Visa because usually missionaries here stay in an area for about 6 months. Anyways, got the call Friday morning that I was getting moved to West Monroe. It's smelly (paper mill), it's rich, and it's a car-share. They are having Sister Stevenson who I only got to train for 6 weeks train a new girl coming, under the supervision of Sister Brimley. I don't really know what happened. I also don't know what my mission even is without Sister Brimley, I've been with her since day 1. The President sent me here with the intentions of me being the experienced missionary, he forgot I came out with the same group as my new companion. It is so weird. I was like- I can't leave Bastrop, I grew up here!
The Branch wasn't too happy about it either, when my trainer left they were mad cause she was only there 6 weeks and they loved her, and then I was only there 12 weeks. On Sunday I got to go up and bare my testimony, it was rough cause I was looking out and Keith AND Shirley were crying. I love them so much, and their progression is just amazing, so obviously it was time for me to leave. I was stressed out all week about who to tell the new Elders to make their priority and how do we make sure they take care of them. The Elders didn't get one progressing investigator we had given them a ride to church, I was so upset, it should never be the missionaries fault someones baptismal date is pushed back.
Anyways it really has been a great week, we worked and worked until the last minute (even got a new record in our lessons box). We taught some awesome lessons, one to a lady I've been waiting to teach since like the day we got here! Also every day is the sweaty-est day of my life the temperature went UP this week, it's gross, I don't know how I'm going to survive on a bike. One awesome lady we met this week was Makesha, she met with the missionaries 8 years ago when she was pregnant with her son, and now she is pregnant again and so excited that we found her again! She said they just never came back, so that was a wonderful miracle. It was one of those things where we were just knocking on apartments and, of course, she was the very last door.
Sorry about how scattered this all is, it has been a way crazy week, but I'm really happy. I know the President is an inspired man, I must be meant to do something here in West Monroe, maybe I'm here to convert Duck Dynasty (they live in this area)? I think that's it. Sold.
Love you all a whole lot, hope you told everyone at the reunion I love them too!

Sister Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment